Friday, September 4, 2009

Now a BIG BOY?!

The little guy is getting too big...too fast! I am loving Wyguy as much as ever. Wyatt has learned to roll over, drag his body all over the room, and has cut two teeth! He cut his first tooth when we were in Columbus having a girls (plus Wy) weekend. I cried when I felt it. It makes
me so sad that he is growing up so fast. I thought I was not going to enjoy this "baby stage" but it brings tears to my eyes how fast it is going by. I always wished there was a puppy potion to give puppies so they would stay little forever now I need a potion to keep Wyatt little forever! We have had an awesome summer. I will do my best to post some pictures...my apologies if this blog entry is long!!:)Here we go...

Wy got his first "big boy" toy! He loves riding in it and bops his entire body when we stop pushing, as if to say "Hello...I am not done." He looks so ridiculously cute in it!
My favorite part of the day is putting Wyatt to bed. It is the only time he truly snuggles without crawling up me anymore. He finishes his last sip of his bottle and turns into me and holds me. Oh the best feeling. I never want to forget how he feels in my arms.
Wyatt got another big boy toy! A outside swing. He just laughs and laughs. Of course it is attached to an apple tree so we are a big worried about his safety with the falling apples. Uncle Bob decided to give the kid a helmet to protect him. Always thinking...
Wyatt outgrew his infant carrier and now is in a big boy carseat! (Can you tell how much I am struggling with him being a big boy? Every thing I write is about being a big boy. Or maybe I am so proud that I have kept this amazing being alive for 8 months.)
Wyatt is still completely in love with his daddy. Everything Matt does Wyatt thinks is the greatest. No one can get the kid to laugh like Matt does. I am a bit jealous.
Ok now for the crawling... Goodbye Wyatt the blob, Hello rug burned knees, electric cords, outlets, small lint pieces in the carpet, corners, and anything else that wasn't dangerous or a threat a couple months ago. Just him out in action....
These are not the greatest pics of the dude, but they just show a glimpse of how our little guy has grown. Everyday I thank the Lord for giving us this amazing gift. Ah God is so good!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

A big boy, indeed! Wow, where have the last 8 months gone? I know you're sad about how fast it's going, but I can hear how proud you are of him, too. ;-)

YAY for becoming mobile (Josiah started out doing the 'army man' crawl, too)! Your world will never be the same again!

((HUGS)) Hope you guys are doing well.

Becky M said...

Oh my goodness Jenny, he's more adorable than ever. I love the crawling and especially him looking around at Maggie. I used to wish for a freeze ray for Travis, but never found one obviously :)
And you look fantastic. It's so great to hear your love for Wyatt in your words. Love you guys,
Becky